Install lxml package on Windows 7

David Fanning news at idlcoyote.com
Tue May 29 17:59:32 EDT 2012

David Fanning writes:

> I need some help. I need the lxml package to run a particular
> Python program.
>
>    http://lxml.de/

OK, maybe I am getting somewhere now. I am now running my
command window as an Administrator. So, the command window
stays open so I can see what is happening.

So, from the command window I run this command (on one line):

   easy_install -allow-hosts=lxml.de,
*.python.org,codespeak.net,gethub.com lxml==2.3.4

I added codespeak.net and gethub.com to the command myself, as I was
getting BLOCKED messages from the script for those URLs.

Now, I am *still* getting BLOCKED messages for the github sites.
These, I notice, are https, rather than http addresses. Is this
the source of my problem?

I get 8 "file not found" warnings during the build (e.g. missing
file lxml.etree.c, lxml.objectify.c, etc.), then a fatal error:
'IDB' is illegal extension for PDB file. It is trying to run
cl.exe in a Visual Studio 9 bin directory.

Running this on an completely up-to-date version of Windows 7.

Any ideas? Thanks!

David
--
David Fanning, Ph.D.