Smallest/cheapest possible Python platform?

Paul Rubin no.email at nospam.invalid
Sat May 26 17:32:05 EDT 2012

Roy Smith <roy at panix.com> writes:
> It sounds like I can run one on 300mA @ 5V.  For my application, I'll
> have about 10 A-h available at 12V (motorcycle battery).

OK, the RPi should be fine power-wise in that case, though I wouldn't
consider something with a 10AH motorcycle battery to be very portable.

> which is 18 A-h, or 60 hours of operation.

The Launchpad can run 60+ hours on a watch battery, if the on-board
LED's are not lit.  The LED's use much more power than the processor.

> In any case, the dirt-cheap price makes it really attractive.  With what
> I save on silicon, I can afford to buy more lead :-)

The RPi is an awesome value for such a powerful board, but the Launchpad
(while much less powerful) is far cheaper:

  http://e2e.ti.com/group/msp430launchpad/w/default.aspx