Please use the Python Job Board for recruiting

Dan Stromberg drsalists at gmail.com
Wed May 23 21:03:56 EDT 2012

On Wed, May 23, 2012 at 2:27 AM, Jean-Michel Pichavant <
jeanmichel at sequans.com> wrote:

> Dan Stromberg wrote:
>

>> On Tue, May 22, 2012 at 3:20 PM, Ben Finney <ben+python at benfinney.id.au<mailto:
>> ben+python at benfinney.**id.au <ben%2Bpython at benfinney.id.au>>> wrote:
>>
>>    Python Recruiter <Rosie at omniumit.com <mailto:Rosie at omniumit.com>>
>>    writes:
>>
>>    > Can any one help? I am looking for a Senior Python Developer
>>
>>    Yes, please use the Python Job Board for this purpose instead
>>    <URL:http://www.python.org/**community/jobs/<http://www.python.org/community/jobs/>
>> >.
>>
>>    Good hunting!
>>
>>  I find it more than a little disappointing that the Python Job Board
>> doesn't do latitude and longitude.  It's a big missed opportunity.  Yes,
>> it's not an identical process from nation to nation, but it's still
>> important.
>>

>>  Sorry for asking but what do you mean by "doing latitude and longitude".
> I tried dictionaries + google and didn't find how these geographical terms
> apply to job boards. Since you said it's important...

Latitude and longitude are kind of the earth-wide way of describing a
position on the surface of the earth.  If you have them, you can figure out
how many miles there are between your domicile, and your place of
employment (or candidate employment).

Latitude and longitude are getting easier to find with the popularity of
GPS units and cell phones with GPS, but there are ways of converting things
like a USA zip code to latitude and longitude as well.

Personally, I don't want to relocate, so the _place_ an employer resides
tends to matter quite a bit to me.