Where is the most recent Tkinter information

Devin Jeanpierre jeanpierreda at gmail.com
Thu May 17 04:39:46 EDT 2012

On Thu, May 17, 2012 at 12:04 AM, Simon Cropper
<simoncropper at fossworkflowguides.com> wrote:
> The main page of the python 3.2.3 documentation for tkinter can be found
> here...
> http://docs.python.org/py3k/library/tkinter.html?highlight=tkinter#tkinter
> it is dated 2012.
>
> This seems to be duplicated from the ActiveState site here...
> http://docs.activestate.com/activepython/3.1/python/library/tkinter.html
> also dated 2012.

That is just a smallish tutorial. It's when you look for reference
material that you encounter stuff from ages past. The reference pages
it links to (by Fred Lundh and New Mexico Tech) were last updated in
1999 and 2004 respectively. It links to no other online reference.

It does, however, link to a book published in 2000.

And of course it's dated 2012 -- the docs are automatically
regenerated. The issue is when the last time they were updated, which
is only a few weeks ago. And that's a stronger claim anyway. ;)

> Here are some other resources I have stumbled on...
> [...]
> http://www.tkdocs.com/tutorial/index.html

This looks really good. Thanks.

-- Devin