Carbon Event Manager (Carbon.CarbonEvt module) - working?

msmucr msmucr at gmail.com
Tue May 15 15:06:05 EDT 2012

Hello,

i would like to ask you for some information regarding Carbon Event
Manager ( Carbon.CarbonEvt ) library in Python.
I need to recieve and work with few Carbon events in my program. I've
followed some examples on PyObjC site, but wasn't successful. I know,
that both Carbon library and this Python module is deprecated, but
frankly i didn't find any usable alternative except of writing of
something from scratch..
I ended on basic import of required objects from Carbon.CarbonEvt
module -
like "from Carbon.CarbonEvt import RegisterEventHotKey"
I tried it in Python 2.7.1 (standard distribution in OS X 10.7 Lion)
and Python 2.6.1 (standard Apple distribution in OS X 10.6).
Do I have something wrong or is it simply broken and unmaintained now?

Thank You,

Michal