Installing pygame on MacOS-X Lion with Python 3.3

Temia Eszteri lamialily at cleverpun.com
Tue May 1 13:10:16 EDT 2012

>I can't get it working : "No pygame module"...
>Tried without success :
>pygame-1.9.2pre-py2.7-macosx10.7.mpkg.zip
>pygame-1.9.1release-python.org-32bit-py2.7-macosx10.3.dmg
>
>I am using Python 3 last version on MacOS-X Lion.
>
>Where is a step-by-step installation procedure ?
>
>Thanks,
>
>    franck

That'd likely be because package installations are limited to the
major and minor version they were built for. Those two packages, for
example, were built for Python 2.7, which is significantly different
from Python 3.3.

I'm not seeing any 3.3 builds for Pygame *at all*, even for Windows,
so you'd probably be best off moving to Python 2.7. You should be able
to use Pygame freely then.

~Temia
--
When on earth, do as the earthlings do.