Is it technically possible to give Python option of naming process of running script?

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Wed Mar 14 11:13:46 EDT 2012

On Thu, Mar 15, 2012 at 1:43 AM, xliiv <tymoteusz.jankowski at gmail.com> wrote:
> Like the topic.. .
> I use Python a lot, both Windows and Linux, and it's little weird to have many python process without fast distinction which is what.

I've no idea if it's even possible on Windows. On Linux, what you want
is the prctl function, which (AFAIK) isn't directly available.

Google is your friend, though. Question's already been asked on Stack
Overflow and such, and has a few answers. Nothing that looks
cut-and-dried ready, but several that might work. Look for 'prctl' and
'PR_SET_NAME', which are the C-level function and constant that do the
job; a cursory examination of PyPI shows a module with prctl in the
name, so that may be of value.

ChrisA