concatenate function

Robert Kern robert.kern at gmail.com
Tue Mar 13 12:09:49 EDT 2012

On 3/13/12 3:59 PM, ferreirafm wrote:
> Hi Robert,
> Thanks for you kind replay and I'm sorry for my semantic mistakes.
> Indeed, that's what I'm doing: qsub-ing different cshell scripts. Certainly,
> that's not the best approach and the only problem.

It's not a problem to write out a script and have qsub run it. That's a
perfectly fine thing to do. You need to read the documentation for your job
queue to find out the right arguments to give to qsub to make it wait until the
first job finishes before executing the second job. This is not a Python
problem. You just need to find the right flags to give to qsub.

Alternately, you could just make a single .qsub script running all three of your
programs in a single job instead of making three separate .qsub scripts.

> I've unsuccessfully tried
> to set an os.environ and call qsub from it. However, subprocess.Popen seems
> not accept to run "qsub" over a second program. Do you have a over come to
> this issue?
> Code goes here:
> http://ompldr.org/vZDB5YQ

When you report a problem, you should copy-and-paste the output that you got and
also state the output that you expected. I have no idea what you mean when you
say "subprocess.Popen seems not accept to run "qsub" over a second program."

--
Robert Kern

  an underlying truth."
   -- Umberto Eco