GUI components in python

Prasad, Ramit ramit.prasad at jpmorgan.com
Thu Mar 8 14:00:42 EST 2012

> > I am stuck with the brain workshop software implemented using python.
> > The code involves a lot of GUI elements and i am familar only with the
> > basic python programming.
> > I would like to know whether there are built in classes to support GUI
> > elements or arethey project dependant.
>
> There are wrappers for various GUI toolkits/technologies such as PyGTK
> for using Gtk in Python.  These wrappers often provide quite a bit of
> assistance and tools for working with that technology.
>
> You need to ask more specifically to get a more useful answer?

The TKinter library ships with Python.  So I guess that would be the
"built-in" classes. Usually though the UI is project dependent and
there are several frameworks depending on the features you want.

This may help list some of the frameworks and help you choose:
http://www.awaretek.com/toolkits.html

Ramit

712 Main Street | Houston, TX 77002
work phone: 713 - 216 - 5423