What's the best way to write this regular expression?

John Salerno johnjsal at gmail.com
Wed Mar 7 16:11:17 EST 2012

On Wed, Mar 7, 2012 at 3:01 PM, Ian Kelly <ian.g.kelly at gmail.com> wrote:

> There is a fork of setuptools called "distribute" that supports Python 3.

Thanks, I guess I'll give this a try tonight!

> setup.py is a file that should be included at the top-level of the
> .tar files you downloaded.  Generally, to install something in that
> manner, you would navigate to that top-level folder and run "python
> setup.py install".  If you have multiple Python versions installed and
> want to install the package for a specific version, then you would use
> that version of Python to run the setup.py file.

The only files included in the .tar.gz file is a .tar file of the same
name. So I guess the setup option doesn't exist for these particular
packages. I'll try "distribute" tonight when I have some time to mess
with all of this.

So much work just to get a 3rd party module installed!