Re Following syntax error in Mac OX10.7 Terminal

Andrew Berg bahamutzero8825 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 29 22:05:20 EDT 2012

On 6/29/2012 10:58 AM, David Thomas wrote:
> Just discovered this in the tutorial further down.  I'm currently learning Python 2 because there seems to be a lot of tutorials out there covering Python 2 rather than 3.
The latest edition (3rd?) of Programming Python by Mark Lutz covers py3k
(it targets 3.0/3.1 IIRC, but the official Python docs cover the
differences between versions). The tutorial in the official docs is
short compared to a book, but it covers the basics well. The official
docs do cover each module in the standard library in great detail. It is
mainly reference, though there are a few tutorials (e.g. the logging
module has at least 2 tutorials).

If you are not restricted to 2.x, learn 3.2/3.3. 2.x is used mainly
because some major libraries (e.g., Twisted, Django) and/or other
dependencies do not support 3.x yet. There will be no 2.8, and 2.7 isn't
getting any new features AFAIK.
--
CPython 3.3.0a4 | Windows NT 6.1.7601.17803