TKinter Frame Size automatic

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Thu Jun 28 13:33:49 EDT 2012

On 6/28/2012 9:07 AM, hkaratoy at gmail.com wrote:
> I have a question about the frame size.
>
> I want to create Tabbed window. There will be one Window and tabs in
> this window. The page will be displayed whenever the user press the
> corresponding tab. This is simple NoteBook behaviour from Tkinter. I
> do not want to set the master window size but I want to make it
> dynamic regarding to the largest tabbed window.

Normally, like in a browser, tabs display text of unknown, variable size
and take their size from the master window. If the tabs display
fixed-sized forms, for instance, I would expect that you could resize
the main window after inserting tab widgets but before displaying. If
not, you should be to create the widgets first, find the largest height
and width, create the master, and then put the widgets into the master,
changing their 'master' attribute.

--
Terry Jan Reedy