TKinter Frame Size automatic

hkaratoy at gmail.com hkaratoy at gmail.com
Thu Jun 28 09:07:45 EDT 2012

I have a question about the frame size.

I want to create Tabbed window. There will be one Window and tabs in this window. The page will be displayed whenever the user press the corresponding tab.
This is simple NoteBook behaviour from Tkinter.
I do not want to set the master window size but I want to make it dynamic regarding to the largest tabbed window.

Lets say I have 4 pages which are tabbed, and if the 3 rd tabbed page has the largest size I want to set my main window to that size. Then I do nto have to set the master page size.

I can read the frame size with frame.winfo_width(), frame.winfo_height(), but I can only learn this when the tabbed frame is created, and I think it is too late for the initialization of the main widnow size.

I am quite confused. Because I do now know that I can learn the frame size before I packed all the widgets to it.

Regards