Why has python3 been created as a seperate language where there is still python2.7 ?

rantingrickjohnson at gmail.com rantingrickjohnson at gmail.com
Wed Jun 27 23:32:03 EDT 2012

On Tuesday, June 26, 2012 1:24:43 AM UTC-5, Stefan Behnel wrote:

> Maybe we should add a remote error reporting mode to Python that sends all
> syntax error messages not only to the local screen but also directly to the
> PSF so that they can fund developers who are able to delete that error
> message from the interpreter based on real world statistical evidence. That
> would eventually make the language match the powerset of what all users
> have in their fingers. A very worthy goal, if you ask me.

I'm sure you meant this a joke, however, some feedback like this would be greatly beneficial to the developers and community. It's not something you'd want to send each time an exception is thrown, but a log could be requested for delivery from time to time. I think it would be a great addition to any python editor; especially those geared toward neophytes: like IDLE and such.