Why has python3 been created as a seperate language where there is still python2.7 ?

alex23 wuwei23 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 27 20:44:23 EDT 2012

On Jun 28, 8:11 am, Christian Tismer <tis... at stackless.com> wrote:
> Random notes without context and reasoning are no better than spam.
> My answer as well, of course, so let's stop here.

It's more that all of this has been discussed at length. Repeatedly.
It's very easy to criticise the current state of affairs when you
didn't actively participate in the lead up to it and, by your own
admission, really just want tools to "abuse" existing libraries
without putting effort into migration. It's fine that you want this,
but don't expect anyone else to put in effort where you're not
prepared.

If you believe providing a complementary __past__ namespace will work
- even though I believe Guido has explicitly stated it will never
happen - then the onus is on you to come up with an implementation.