using SQLalchemy

Prasad, Ramit ramit.prasad at jpmorgan.com
Fri Jun 22 16:49:57 EDT 2012

> > We have a very chaotic database (on MySql) at the moment, with for
> > I'm trying to use SQLalchemy and it looks absolutely great, but in
> > general as a policy we don't use external dependencies..
>
> That's a very foolish general policy, a lot of the power of python is in
> the huge array of excellent third party libraries and frameworks, but
> each to their own...

That applies to Perl, Python, Java and probably most major languages.
I do not know about you, but I do not want to be writing everything
from scratch and language developers have better things to do than
implementing a dozen (or more) major libraries like lxml and xlwt
just to name a few.

For that matter, I do not think mysqldb is a built-in Python package.
:)

Ramit

712 Main Street | Houston, TX 77002
work phone: 713 - 216 - 5423