[newbie] Equivalent to PHP?

Gilles nospam at nospam.com
Thu Jun 21 08:24:45 EDT 2012

On Tue, 12 Jun 2012 11:39:50 +0200, Gilles <nospam at nospam.com> wrote:
>I'm an amateur programmer, and would like to know what the main
>options are to build web applications in Python instead of PHP.

When I need to host my Python application (preferably in Europe since
my users will be located there), what are the options?

Do Python hosters provide a VM so that it's just like a remote Linux
server where I'm free to install whatever I want, or do they force
users to use specific versions of Python and specific frameworks eg.
Django?

Thank you.