[newbie] Equivalent to PHP?

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Wed Jun 13 23:38:18 EDT 2012

On 6/13/2012 6:45 PM, Gilles wrote:
> On Wed, 13 Jun 2012 23:16:31 +0200, Christian Heimes
> <lists at cheimes.de>  wrote:
>> PHP was developed for non-developers. (see
>> http://me.veekun.com/blog/2012/04/09/php-a-fractal-of-bad-design/ ).
>> It's much easier and also cheaper to find bad coders and non-developers
>> than code people. The outcome is bad performance and lots of security
>> issues.
>
> And as to why Facebook chose PHP...

*When* did 'Facebook' choose it? (My brief search did not reveal this.)
Facebook started as a quick hack (Facemash) by student Mark Zuckerberg
in Nov 2003. If he used PHP (1995) then or for his next site or for the
initial Facebook a few months later, that would suggest an answer.

--
Terry Jan Reedy