which one do you prefer? python with C# or java?

Alec Taylor alec.taylor6 at gmail.com
Sat Jun 16 01:23:39 EDT 2012

On Sun, Jun 10, 2012 at 8:44 AM, Yesterday Paid
<howmuchistoday at gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm planning to learn one more language with my python.
> Someone recommended to do Lisp or Clojure, but I don't think it's a
> good idea(do you?)
> So, I consider C# with ironpython or Java with Jython.
> It's a hard choice...I like Visual studio(because my first lang is VB6
> so I'm familiar with that)
> but maybe java would be more useful out of windows.
>
> what do you think?

Learn C and Python.

They work well together... you can write Python modules in C (using
Cython or CTypes), and the most popular implementation is written in C
(CPython).

Alternatively learn C++ and Python.

You can can generate C++ from Python using ShedSkin
(http://shed-skin.blogspot.com.au/), and you can write extension to
Python in C++ (http://docs.python.org/extending/extending.html#writing-extensions-in-c).