python's future?

Mark Lawrence breamoreboy at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Jun 15 04:05:20 EDT 2012

On 15/06/2012 08:30, Chris Angelico wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 15, 2012 at 5:04 PM, Yesterday Paid
> <howmuchistoday at gmail.com>  wrote:
>> I'm very new to programing though I learn very little of java,C
>> I love python and have fun to do something with it
>> but some people said python's future perhaps not that bright.
>> I know this question maybe looks like an idiot:(
>> I really hope the python rules long~ time.
>> what do you think about future of this lang
>> or famous lang like C, JAVA, C#, LISP&C
>
> Python's future is looking pretty bright at the moment. It's extremely
> well supported, has an active and helpful mailing list/newsgroup (hi!)
> and issue tracker and so on, it's found pre-installed on several
> Linuxes, it's easy to get for Windows, and lots of Python software is
> around and being developed all the time. There's big companies who
> have pledged support, including Google, who employ Guido van Rossum
> (the project head).
>
> As a language, Python has its issues, but overall it's awesome. I have
> no hesitation in recommending it as a first language, a scripting
> language, and an application language. There's things I dislike about
> it (design choices like the lack of declared variables), but that's
> true of pretty much everything.
>
> There's no need to fear its imminent demise :)
>
> ChrisA

"an active and helpful mailing list/newsgroup (hi!)"?  Gmane lists 322
entries under comp.python :)  I believe that some manufacturers
pre-install on Windows, and I know that it's also pre-installed on OS X.
  It's just a pity that Python is no longer maintained on the finest OS
ever, i.e. VMS :(

--
Cheers.

Mark Lawrence.