python's future?

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Fri Jun 15 03:30:20 EDT 2012

On Fri, Jun 15, 2012 at 5:04 PM, Yesterday Paid
<howmuchistoday at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm very new to programing though I learn very little of java,C
> I love python and have fun to do something with it
> but some people said python's future perhaps not that bright.
> I know this question maybe looks like an idiot:(
> I really hope the python rules long~ time.
> what do you think about future of this lang
> or famous lang like C, JAVA, C#, LISP &C

Python's future is looking pretty bright at the moment. It's extremely
well supported, has an active and helpful mailing list/newsgroup (hi!)
and issue tracker and so on, it's found pre-installed on several
Linuxes, it's easy to get for Windows, and lots of Python software is
around and being developed all the time. There's big companies who
have pledged support, including Google, who employ Guido van Rossum
(the project head).

As a language, Python has its issues, but overall it's awesome. I have
no hesitation in recommending it as a first language, a scripting
language, and an application language. There's things I dislike about
it (design choices like the lack of declared variables), but that's
true of pretty much everything.

There's no need to fear its imminent demise :)

ChrisA