Re: Pythonic cross-platform GUI desingers à la Interface Builder (Re: what gui designer is everyone using)

Arnaud Delobelle arnodel at gmail.com
Sun Jun 10 06:36:07 EDT 2012

On 10 June 2012 07:16, rusi <rustompmody at gmail.com> wrote:

> This is worth a read in this context: http://osteele.com/archives/2004/11/ides

Interesting! I definitely fall nicely at one extreme of this
dichotomy.  Every time I've tried to use an IDE, it's made me feel
inadequate and I've quickly retreated to my comfort zone (emacs +
xterm).  I felt inadequate because I felt like the IDE was hindering
me rather than helping me.  All I ask from the program that I use to
write code is:

* syntax highlighting
* sensible auto-indenting
* as little reliance on the mouse as possible
* emacs key bindings :)

This article makes me feel more positive about my inability to feel
comfortable in an IDE.  Thanks for the link!

--
Arnaud