which one do you prefer? python with C# or java?

Tim Johnson tim at akwebsoft.com
Sat Jun 9 20:12:49 EDT 2012

* Yesterday Paid <howmuchistoday at gmail.com> [120609 14:52]:
> I'm planning to learn one more language with my python.
> Someone recommended to do Lisp or Clojure, but I don't think it's a
> good idea(do you?)
> So, I consider C# with ironpython or Java with Jython.
> It's a hard choice...I like Visual studio(because my first lang is VB6
> so I'm familiar with that)
> but maybe java would be more useful out of windows.
  I am kind on the same wavelength as becky_lewis - and bye the way
  is not clojure based on java?

  Two lesser known programming languages that I have done extensive
  development with in the past are rebol (www.rebol.com) and
  newlisp (http://www.newlisp.org/) newlisp and rebol are both
  *symbolic* languages as well as newlisp is very *functional*

  The additional advantage of using newlisp is that the very mention
  of newlisp drives the lispers crazy. Just mention 'newlisp' and
  watch the spittle fly.

  On the other hand, clojure and C# have a much larger user base.
  (small-user-base) is why I don't use newlisp or rebol for any new
  projects.

  MTCW
--
Tim