Some posts do not show up in Google Groups

Robert Miles robertmiles at teranews.com
Fri Jun 8 23:16:42 EDT 2012

On 4/30/2012 1:20 AM, Frank Millman wrote:
> Hi all
>
> For a while now I have been using Google Groups to read this group, but on the odd occasion when I want to post a message, I use Outlook Express, as I know that some people reject all messages from Google Groups due to the high spam ratio (which seems to have improved recently, BTW).
>
>  From time to time I see a thread where the original post is missing, but the follow-ups do appear. My own posts have shown up with no problem.
>
> Now, in the last month, I have posted two messages using Outlook Express, and neither of them have shown up in Google Groups. I can see replies in OE, so they are being accepted. I send to the group gmane.comp.python.general.
>
> Does anyone know a reason for this, or have a solution?
>
> Frank Millman

I can't answer your main question, but I have seen a reason for
Google Groups appearing to have less spam.  That was about the
time Google Groups introduced a new interface which makes it
obvious if anyone has already reported a message as spam (or
any other type of abuse), and also made those messages inaccessible
after two different users reported the same message as abuse.

Therefore, many spammers are moving toward newsgroups where no one
reports the spam.

Robert Miles