Installing MySQLdb via FTP?

Tim Johnson tim at akwebsoft.com
Thu Jun 7 14:55:25 EDT 2012

Is it possible to install MySQLdb via FTP?

1)I have a hostmonster account with SSH. I have been able to log in
and install MySQLdb from the shell. Works fine.

2)Now I have a client who wants to have a hostmonster account and we
will need MySQLdb. I *will not* have SSH access since (as I
understand it) hostmonster allows SSH access from 1 IP only.

3)The hostmonster account services (I.E. cpanel) does not have any
service to do this.

4)I wouldn't need to make the install on PYTHONPATH as my resources
will handle sys.path configuration.

This isn't an immediate need so URLs and pointers to relevant
discussions would suffice.

--
Tim
http://www.akwebsoft.com