Smallest/cheapest possible Python platform?

MRAB python at mrabarnett.plus.com
Sat Jun 2 18:09:12 EDT 2012

On 02/06/2012 22:25, Chris Angelico wrote:
> On Sun, Jun 3, 2012 at 7:18 AM, MRAB<python at mrabarnett.plus.com>  wrote:
>>  Putting "LaunchPad", "Python" and "MakerFaire" into Google, plus the
>>  "It has an m somewhere in it and it's 3 letters", quickly led me to:
>>
>>  http://www.mpyprojects.com
>>  --
>
> Heh, Google's awesome :) I was just thinking "Hm, three letters with
> an M? That gives you about two thousand possibilities, not too many to
> brute-force..."

Well, if it's something to do with Python, there wouldn't been a good
chance that 2 of the letters would be "Py". That reduces the number of
possibilities somewhat! :-)

> That looks rather cool, but I'm minorly concerned by a heading in
> http://www.mpyprojects.com/mpy-language/ that hints that the mpy
> language isn't Python exactly, but doesn't have a link to the actual
> page on which the differences are detailed. It might be trivial
> differences like the lack of most of the standard library, but then
> again, it might be more than that.

Look at the "Software" page:

"""We use the mpy language to program the MSP430 microcontroller. MPY is
short for Microcontroller PYthon.   mpy is based on the Python computer
language. In fact to keep things simple it is only a small subset of the
Python language."""