docx/lxml

Pedro Kroger kroger at pedrokroger.net
Tue Jul 31 10:00:25 EDT 2012

On Jul 31, 2012, at 10:36 AM, cyrille.leroux at gmail.com wrote:

> - Do you know any *easy to use*, *easy to deploy* package to generate ".doc like" documents ?
> - Do you have any suggestion to do it differently (maybe with native packages ?)
>
> - As a python newby, I don't understand why you have to go through the pain of installing packages since they should be able to work with just the __init__.py files ?
>
> Regards,
>
> Cyrille

Hi,

May I suggest you use pip and, possibly, virtualenv?
pip makes it easy to install Python packages while virtualenv creates an isolated Python environment

For instance, I just installed docx and its dependencies with:

pip install docx lxml datutils PIL

And I did that inside a testing virtualenv, so I wouldn't mess up my Python setup.

pip and virtualenv make it really easy and painless to install Python packages.

Cheers,

Pedro
-----
http://pedrokroger.net