[Python] Re: PyPI question, or, maybe I'm just stupid

Chris Gonnerman chris at gonnerman.org
Mon Jul 30 08:50:26 EDT 2012

On 07/30/2012 04:20 AM, Dieter Maurer wrote:
> "CHANGES.txt" is not automatically presented.
> If necessary, you must integrate it into the "long description".
>
> However, personally, I am not interested in all the details (typically
> found in "CHANGES.txt") but some (often implicit) information is
> sufficient for me: something like "major API change", "minor bug
> fixes". Thus, think carefully what you put on the overview page.
I see your point.  I'm just lazy, I guess.  I already put a description
of what I've changed into git, so why, I muse, must I also edit the
overview page separately?  I was hoping there was an automatic way that
"setup.py sdist upload" could handle it for me.

> I find it very stupid to see several window scrolls of changes for
> a package but to learn how to install the package, I have to download its
> source...
Not sure I get this.  The installation procedure for PollyReports is the
same as for, what, 99% of Python source packages?

     sudo python setup.py install

What else are you saying I should do?

-- Chris.