My first ever Python program, comments welcome

Lipska the Kat lipskathekat at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Jul 24 07:34:14 EDT 2012

On 24/07/12 06:13, rusi wrote:
> On Jul 22, 10:23 pm, Lipska the Kat<lip... at lipskathekat.com>  wrote:
>
>> Heh heh, Nothing to do with Eclipse, just another thing to get my head
>> around. For work and Java IMHO you can't beat eclipse...
>> at the moment I'm getting my head around git,
>
> Bumped into this yesterday. Seems like a good aid to git-comprehension
> https://github.com/git/git/blob/master/contrib/completion/git-prompt.sh

eek ... now that's a shell script to be proud of isn't it .. and it
works [lipska at ubuntu fileio (master)]$ impressive. Good find, thanks.

>> reminding myself of C, learning Python
>> and re-learning make. Enough already; but if there's a python plugin I
>> guess I'll get around to it eventually
>
> Seems like a strange combo. It should be
> (C&make)|(python&X)|(Java&Ant)
> where X could range from

%-}

> Setup http://docs.python.org/distutils/setupscript.html
> to distribute http://guide.python-distribute.org/
> to scons http://www.scons.org/

Well that's the joy of life in semi-retirement. I can do as I please
I read something somewhere the other day about living longer if you
retire early, well I retired early but if I live another 50 years it
won't be long enough to learn everything I want to.

Java&Ant everyday
C&make	 a while back

python& well I sort of got sidetracked by python
... and then I got sidetracked by git !!!

Lipska

--
Lipska the Kat: Troll hunter, Sandbox destroyer
and Farscape dreamer of Aeryn Sun.