Sudden doubling of nearly all messages

Rick Johnson rantingrickjohnson at gmail.com
Sat Jul 21 14:16:03 EDT 2012

On Saturday, July 21, 2012 5:48:29 AM UTC-5, Dave Angel wrote:
> Has anybody else noticed the sudden double-posting of nearly all
> messages in the python mailing list?
>
> Previously, I've seen some messages double posted, and it was nearly
> always a newbie, presumably posting via some low-end gateway.  But now
> i'm noticing nearly every message appears twice, identical datestamps,
> and usually one message considered a reply to the other.

It's due to the new Google Groups interface. They started forcing everyone to use the new buggy version about a week ago EVEN THOUGH the old interface is just fine. Another bug: If you look at the text i quoted you will see HTML character references. Usually i clean the text before posting but sometimes i forget.

Google is starting to SUCK!

You know, i really went out of my way to support Google for many years even though i knew they were spying on me. But since they were giving me "interesting software" for free, i did not mind so much. But now they have dropped great software and refuse to maintain the software they do have.

Their online docs were a great idea, but have you ever tried to use the docs interface for anything serious? S-U-C-K-S!

Seriously, i can see Google going the way of yahoo soon. Heck, i even use Bing as my search engine now. I MUST be a disgruntled customer if i am using the search engine of the evil empire!

It was a nice run Google. We had good times and bad times. A few smiles and cries.

LMBTFY