ANN: dbf.py 0.94

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Fri Jul 20 23:43:27 EDT 2012

On Sat, Jul 21, 2012 at 1:34 PM, Steven D'Aprano
> Unless the software is so well-known that everybody knows what it is...

I've yet to meet ANY piece of software that's like that. Even with
releases of CPython (arguably the primary point of this list) it
wouldn't hurt to give an explanation, and certainly with other
Pythons, it'd help a lot (PyPy and Jython are probably guessable, but
I wouldn't bet on anyone knowing what "IronPython" is without a
summary).

> Here are a few randomly selected examples of good release announcements:
>
> http://mail.python.org/pipermail/python-announce-list/2012-June/009528.html
>
> http://mail.python.org/pipermail/python-announce-list/2012-June/009509.html
>
> http://mail.python.org/pipermail/python-announce-list/2012-June/009524.html

Agreed, those are worth imitating.