Encapsulation, inheritance and polymorphism

Lipska the Kat lipska at lipskathekat.com
Wed Jul 18 10:48:28 EDT 2012

On 18/07/12 15:34, Grant Edwards wrote:
> On 2012-07-17, Lipska the Kat<lipska at lipskathekat.com>  wrote:
>
>> and what's this obsession with 'correct' indentation of code ???
>
> If you can explain to us Java's obsession with 'correct' placemnt of
> curly-braces, then you've explained indentation in python.

I'm not getting into the curly braces wars. Life is just too short.

> Unless you're asking about the tabs vs. spaces argument.  In that
> case, people who use 4 spaces per level are 'correct'; people who use
> a different number of spaces are a bit less correct; people who use
> tabs are wrong;

hmm, I've been using tabs ... still, why use one key press when you can
use 4 ;-).  Actually I quite like this aspect of Python, it's rapidly
growing on me. Wonder if I could introduce this in a future release of
Java ... nah, I'd be dead within a week %-(

--
Lipska the Kat: Troll hunter, Sandbox destroyer
and Farscape dreamer of Aeryn Sun.