Python Interview Questions

Jean-Michel Pichavant jeanmichel at sequans.com
Tue Jul 10 05:29:24 EDT 2012

Tim Chase wrote:
> On 07/09/12 19:27, Roy Smith wrote:
>
>>> prefer folks that know which features to check availability for
>>> deployment.
>>>
>> Heh.  Tell me, when did strings get methods? :-)
>>

> IIRC, ~2.0?  I'm cognizant of the shift happening from the string
> module to string methods, but I wouldn't expect deep history
> knowledge--last I checked, RedHat still supports a RHEL version that
> ships with 2.4, so that's about as far back as I'd probe these days
> (so I'd drop the decorators question now).  Certainly not a
> deal-breaker either way.  Just more data points.
>
> -tkc

Why would you want to hire someone that knows something pointless as the
version where feature X has been introduced ? Just tell him that feature
X has been introducted in version Y, costless 2.5sec training. Don't you
want to hire someone that knows things you don't and benefit from each
others abilities, learning from each others, improving the company
global skill range ?

JM