tiffany 0.6.1 released

Christian Heimes lists at cheimes.de
Tue Jul 10 03:59:07 EDT 2012

Am 09.07.2012 17:51, schrieb Christian Tismer:
> It turns out to be a problem with multiple strips in a tiff file.
> PIL does not support that. Maybe I can find an easy solution,
> maybe I'm better off using
>
> smc.freeimage
>
> as suggested by Christian Heimes,
>
> we will see. Right now I'm pretty exhaused after EuroPython...

Yes, TIFF is a complex format. Even baseline TIFF has several ways to
store data (e.g. chunky or planar configuration, different settings for
stripes). PIL didn't support several features as well as bitonal
compression (G3, G4).

I'll clean up the code of smc.freeimage and release it on bitbucket over
the next couple of days.

Christian