tiffany 0.6.1 released

Christian Tismer tismer at stackless.com
Mon Jul 9 11:51:25 EDT 2012

On 30.06.12 18:25, Paul Rubin wrote:
> Christian Tismer <tismer at stackless.com> writes:
>> Tiffany stands for any tiff. The tiny module solves a large set of
>> problems, has no dependencies and just works wherever Python works.
>> Tiffany was developed in the course of the *DiDoCa* project and will
>> always appear on PyPi.
> This sounds pretty neat.  I didn't comment on it earlier because I
> haven't tried it out, since I haven't had occasion to deal with tiff
> files anytime recently.  But I've had to process them for some projects
> in the past, and tiffany would have been useful then.  It's good to know
> that it's out there.

Meanwhile I got some feedback and test data.
(Thanks to Christian and Anthon)
It turns out to be a problem with multiple strips in a tiff file.
PIL does not support that. Maybe I can find an easy solution,
maybe I'm better off using

smc.freeimage

as suggested by Christian Heimes,

we will see. Right now I'm pretty exhaused after EuroPython...

cheers - chris

work +49 173 24 18 776  mobile +49 173 24 18 776  fax n.a.