Spamming PyPI with stupid packages

Steven D'Aprano steve+comp.lang.python at pearwood.info
Mon Jan 2 02:08:22 EST 2012

On Mon, 02 Jan 2012 00:24:48 +0100, Alexander Kapps wrote:

> Uh oh, should I really send this? ... Yes. Yes, I should! Sorry, I
> cannot resists.

>> I'm betting on a joke, like antigravity only significantly less funny
>> and more sexist.
>
> Absolutely not funny. I hope that someday people will understand that
> sexism is just another form of racism.

Perhaps I'm just slow, but what is sexist about this package? Do you even
know what the package does?

> Felinx Lee: Do apologize and rename your package/module

So the package itself is not offensive, just the name "girlfriend"?

Or is it the very concept of "girlfriend" that offends you?

> or I'm going to
> make a racist comment against Chinese people.

I'm sure he's quaking in his boots. Some random guy on the Internet is
going to insult him based on a wild assumption about his nationality.

--
Steven