Spamming PyPI with stupid packages

Robert Kern robert.kern at gmail.com
Sun Jan 1 17:33:19 EST 2012

On 1/1/12 10:18 PM, Matt Chaput wrote:
> Someone seems to be spamming PyPI by uploading multiple stupid packages. Not sure if it's some form of advertising spam or just idiocy.
>
> Don't know if we should care though... maybe policing uploads is worse than cluttering PyPI's disk space and RSS feed with dumb 1 KB packages.
>
>> girlfriend 1.0.1	10	A really simple module that allow everyone to do "import girlfriend"
>> girlfriends 1.0	4	Girl Friends
>> car 1.0	2	Car, a depended simple module that allow everyone to do "import girlfriend"
>> house 1.0	2	House, a depended simple module that allow everyone to do "import girlfriend"
>> money 1.0	2	Money, a depended simple module that allow everyone to do "import girlfriend"
>> workhard 1.0	2	Keep working hard, a depended simple module that allow everyone to do "import girlfriend"

I'm betting on a joke, like antigravity only significantly less funny and more
sexist. The author is a legitimate Python programmer, and the links go to his
blog where he talks about Python stuff.

   https://bitbucket.org/felinx

You can tell him that you don't appreciate his abuse of PyPI here if you like:

   http://feilong.me/2012/01/python-import-girlfriend

--
Robert Kern

  an underlying truth."