Idiot-proof installs for python+pygame+pyopenal+app

Tim Chase python.list at tim.thechases.com
Sun Jan 1 22:58:09 EST 2012

I'm looking at developing some tools that involve pygame+pyopenal
and would like to make cross-platform distribution as painless as
possible.  Is there a "best practice" for doing this without
forcing the user to install Python, install (say) pip, pull down
pygame & pyopenal and install those, install my (simple) app, and
then finally run it?

On Debian, installation of all the prerequisites would just be

   apt-get install pygame python-openal

(which, via a local apt repository, I could flag as dependencies
of my app and package it as .deb) but it gets hairier on Mac & Win32.

-tkc