writing to a file from within nested loops

Mark Lawrence breamoreboy at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Feb 15 15:44:02 EST 2012

On 15/02/2012 20:12, Rituparna Sengupta wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm working on this code and I keep getting an error. It might be some very basic thing but I was wondering if someone could help. Its a loop within a loop. The part outside the innermost loop gets printed fine, but the part within the innermost loop doesn't get printed. I get an error: 'str' has no attribute 'write'. Thanks in advance.
>
> Ritu
>
> .
> i=0
>   while i<m
>   r=name[i]
>   f=open('file'+'%s' %(r), "a")
>   f.write("whatever"+r)    #part outside innermost loop gets printed
>   j=0
>    while j<n
>    f.write("output of loop")  #part within innermost loop doesn't get printed
>    j=j+1
>   f.close()
>   i=i+1

The above isn't Python so please post all of your code or a
representative snippet that can show the problem, with the complete
traceback and not simply the last line.  Having said that I'm guessing
that you're reassigning f somewhere to be a string, hence the error.
Also why not write Python loops like:-
for r in name:
     etc.

--