[semi OT]: Smartphones and Python?

Martin Schöön martin.schoon at gmail.com
Wed Feb 15 15:58:11 EST 2012

First of all: I don't have any first hand experience of smartphones
but now that my trusted old GSM phone is getting old I decided I am
in for an up-grade. It struck me it might be nice to get something
for which I could write Python programs.

A very quick internet search indicated that this should be no big
deal if I go for an Android-based phone. What about the alterna-
tives?

It struck me this must be the best place to ask.

What else? I don't know if it matters but my home PC OS is Linux.
And I am not much of a Python programmer but I enjoy learning it
and I have reached a level that has turned out to be useful at work.

/Martin