ANN: Sarge, a library wrapping the subprocess module, has been released.

Anh Hai Trinh anh.hai.trinh at gmail.com
Mon Feb 13 02:08:23 EST 2012

> Objection! Does the defense REALLY expect this court to believe that
> he can testify as to how MOST members of the Python community would or
> would not favor bash over Python? And IF they do in fact prefer bash,
> is this display of haughty arrogance nothing more than a hastily
> stuffed straw-man presented to protect his own ego?

Double objection! Relevance. The point is that the OP created another language that is neither Python nor Bash.

> And why do you need to voice such strong opinions of disdain in an
> announcement thread? Testing the integrity of a module (or module)
> author is fine so long as we are respectful whilst doing so. However,
> i must take exception with your crass attitude.

My respectful opinion is that the OP's approach is fundamentally flawed. There are many platform-specific issues when forking and threading are fused. My benign intent was to warn others about unsolved problems and scratching-your-head situations.

Obviously, the OP can always choose to continue his direction at his own discretion.