ANN: Sarge, a library wrapping the subprocess module, has been released.

Rick Johnson rantingrickjohnson at gmail.com
Sun Feb 12 23:08:24 EST 2012

On Feb 12, 9:35 am, Anh Hai Trinh <anh.hai.tr... at gmail.com> wrote:
> > It's not hard for the user
>
> I think most users like to use Python, or they'd use Bash. I think people prefer not another language that is different from both, and having little benefits. My own opinion of course.

Objection! Does the defense REALLY expect this court to believe that
he can testify as to how MOST members of the Python community would or
would not favor bash over Python? And IF they do in fact prefer bash,
is this display of haughty arrogance nothing more than a hastily
stuffed straw-man presented to protect his own ego?

> >  BTW extproc is nice, but I wanted to push the envelope a little :-)
>
> Hmm, if the extra "envelop" is the async code with threads that may deadlock, I would say "thanks but no thanks" :p

And why do you need to voice such strong opinions of disdain in an
announcement thread? Testing the integrity of a module (or module)
author is fine so long as we are respectful whilst doing so. However,
i must take exception with your crass attitude.