Komodo 7 release (Python development tools)

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Wed Feb 8 16:52:50 EST 2012

On 2/8/2012 3:14 PM, Todd Whiteman wrote:

> My name is Todd. I'm the lead developer for Komodo IDE (Interactive
> Development Environment) and Komodo Edit (a free, open-source editor) at
> ActiveState. I wanted to announce that the newest version, Komodo 7, has
> been released:

This is a pretty good release announcement, but a few questions.
 >    http://www.activestate.com/komodo-ide/python-editor

It would seem that the Professional Python Editor is the same as Komodo
Edit, but it is unclear why only Python editing would be featured for
Komodo IDE.

http://www.activestate.com/komodo-edit

is the page with the link people need to download just the editor.

Does K.Edit let me run a program with one key, like F5 in IDLE?
If so, does it leave me in interactive mode (python -i) as IDLE does?

--
Terry Jan Reedy