How to get time.strptime()?

Gnarlodious gnarlodious at gmail.com
Wed Dec 26 22:09:51 EST 2012

Nick Cash wrote:

> I was able to work around this by simply importing _strptime myself at server startup time.

THANK YOU! That fixed it, I simply put

import _strptime

in my *.wsgi script. It feels like a kludgy solution, but it works.

I should also mention that I had a similar problem with the "threading" module that I fixed in the same way. This problem occurred inside of sqlite3 because evidently threadlocking has gone standard as of Py 3.3.x

This is problem that has unduly vexed me. When you start learning Python they don't tell you about these sharp edges. Someone needs to explain.

-- Gnarlie