need a url that its http response header that cotain 401 status code

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Wed Dec 26 07:04:45 EST 2012

On Wed, Dec 26, 2012 at 8:08 PM, iMath <redstone-cold at 163.com> wrote:
> I am going to do a  Basic Authentication ,
> so I need a url
>  that its http response header that cotain 401 status code.

Looking into my binocular crystal ball, I see two things:

Left eye: You're trying to write a basic auth client, and want
something to test it on. See Hans's response.

Right eye: You want to write a basic auth server, and you need to know
how to return a 401.

Please provide 1.5 metric tons of additional information. What are you
trying to do, what libraries are you using, what's the failing code?

ChrisA