need a url that its http response header that cotain 401 status code

Hans Mulder hansmu at xs4all.nl
Wed Dec 26 06:40:25 EST 2012

On 26/12/12 10:08:41, iMath wrote:
> I am going to do a  Basic Authentication ,
> so I need a url
>  that its http response header that cotain 401 status code.

Isn't that backwards?  I mean, what's the point of implementing
Basic Authentication, unless you already know a site that uses it?

if you don't know any such site, you can set one up easily:
just run a webserver on your laptop and password-protect a page
in your server configuration.

When you've found a suitable url, take a look at HTTPBasicAuthHandler
in the urllib2 modules.

Hope this helps,

-- HansM