[Help] [Newbie] Require help migrating from Perl to Python 2.7 (namespaces)

prilisauer at googlemail.com prilisauer at googlemail.com
Sat Dec 22 15:43:12 EST 2012

Am Samstag, 22. Dezember 2012 20:29:49 UTC+1 schrieb Alexander Blinne:
> Am 22.12.2012 19:10, schrieb:
>
> > It's for me a view of top side down, but how could the midlevel comunicate to each oter... "not hirachical"
>

> You could use something like the singleton pattern in order to get a
>
> reference to the same datastore-object every time Datastore.Datastore()
>
> is called. But you still need to close the connection properly at some
>
> point, propably using a classmethod Datastore.close().
>

> e.g.:
>

> main.py:
>

> from Datastore import Datastore
>
> from ModbusClient import Modbus
>
> from DaliBusClient import DaliBus
>

> def main():
>
>     modbus = Modbus(...)
>
>     dalibus = DaliBus(...)
>

>     modbus.read_data_and_save_to_store()
>
>     dalibus.read_data_and_save_to_store()
>
>     Datastore.close()
>

> if __name__=="__main__":
>
>     main()
>

> ModbusClient.py:
>

> import Datastore
>

> class Modbus(object):
>
>     def read_data_and_save_to_store(self):
>
>         datastore = Datastore.Datastore()
>
>         #do something with datastore

I Think I describe my Situation wrong, the written Project is a
Server, that should store sensor data, perfoms makros on lamps according
a sequence stored in the DB and Rule systems schould regulate home devices and plan scheduler jobs so on.

The System Runs in a threated environment. It looks for me, like the limits are at the end of file. my core problem also the only one I have is: I don't know how to get over that limits and enable dataexchange like a backbone...