Python parser problem

RCU alex.e.susu at gmail.com
Thu Dec 13 14:12:42 EST 2012

   Dave,
     Thanks for the reply.
     The script was originally edited on Windows with proper \r\n endings, but the
PythonTidy script somehow does the doubling (I guess it assumes UNIX format only), i.e.,
\r\r\n . So indeed, that's kind of messy (and the Python Lang Reference specifies clearly
it interprets \r as a newline, as well) and I didn't realize it with my editor. After
running dos2unix (twice) on the script I cleaned all \r and it went OK.

     I guess Python is complaining at line 30 and not at the previous lines, because of
the line-breaking backslash.

   Best regards,
     Alex