Tcl wasn't installed properly

Gene Heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Fri Dec 7 02:27:23 EST 2012

On Friday 07 December 2012 02:25:33 bhargavigoswami at gmail.com did opine:

> I faced the same problem during my last installation of ns2.35 in ubuntu
> 11.04. After I install ns2.35, got message of successful installation
> of ns. Then I set path in /.bashrc. Then I gave ns command which gave
> me same error which you got.
>
> The problem is because, ns executable is also at /usr which is
> conflicting.

Than change the order in your $PATH, or better yet, do as below, because
the $PATH is normally ordered to find locally installed stuff first.

> Solution:
> 1. Go to location root-usr-local-bin by giving following command in
> terminal cd /usr/local/bin
> 2. There you would find the ns file. We just need to remove it by giving
> following command rm ns
> 3. Thats it, you are done. Now your ns starts running successfully.
>
> Happy Learning.....

Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
BOFH excuse #276:

U.S. Postal Service
I was taught to respect my elders, but its getting
harder and harder to find any...