Looking for an IPC solution

Paul Rubin no.email at nospam.invalid
Fri Aug 31 16:36:42 EDT 2012

Laszlo Nagy <gandalf at shopzeus.com> writes:
> application will be running on a single computer, so the IPC should be
> using shared memory (or mmap) and have very short response times.

Zeromq (suggested by someone) is an option since it's pretty fast for
most purposes, but I don't think it uses shared memory.  The closest
thing I can think of to what you're asking is MPI, intended for
scientific computation.  I don't know of general purpose IPC that uses
it though I've thought it would be interesting.  There are also some
shared memory modules around, including POSH for shared objects, but
they don't switch between memory and sockets AFAIK.

Based on your description, maybe what you really want is Erlang, or
something like it for Python.  There would be more stuff to do than just
supply an IPC library.